Should you require a copy of any of these papers, please contact our office.
- Co-operative decision making regarding soil and groundwater quality – ‘limit the pushing rather than push the limits’. Key Note paper at the National Groundwater Conference, Somerset West, November 2009.
- Managing historical impacts at a fertilizer manufacturing facility – pushing together to implement practical and workable solutions. National Groundwater Conference, Somerset West. Co-written with Martin Burr of Heartland Properties, November 2009.
- ‘Cabo da Boa Esperanca’ – changing the course and impact of fertilizer contaminated groundwater seepage on an urban stream and wetland ecosystem. IAH International Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2007.
- ‘Bridging the Gap – Managing waste and contamination during closure of the old Kynoch Milnerton facility towards a new future’. Ritchie Morris, Martin Burr* and Aubrey van Vuuren* (* Heartland Leasing). Proceedings of the Institute of Waste Management, Somerset West, September, 2006.
- Closure and redevelopment of an industrial site. In Urban Green File, Vol 9, No. 1. April/May 2004, pages 24 to 27.
- Closure with Co-operative Governance for a New Future. Paper presented at the IAIAsa National Conference in Wilderness South Africa 1 to 3 September 2003. Co-written with M Burr and W Kloppers.
- Protect surface and groundwater: Voluntary cleanup of contaminated sites saves money. In EarthYear Magazine, June – December 2000, Ed. 21, Page 60.
- Practical and responsible approaches to soil and groundwater contamination management at a South Africa metal plating factory. In the proceedings of Groundwater: Past Achievements and Future Challenges, December 2000, Sililo et al (eds), Balkema, Rotterdam. Pages 791 – 796.
- Groundwater: An alternative source of water supply. In SA Water Bulletin, March/April 1999
- Environmental Assessment and Clean-up at Used Oil Handling Facilities. In the Proceedings of, The Australian Institute of Petroleum, Used Oil Management Conference, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, September 1999
- Groundwater Protection. In Urban Management Magazine, February 1998.
- Hazard Ranking: A planning tool to prioritize environmental liabilities and manage risks. In EarthYear magazine, June 1998.
- MTBE goes underground in a different fashion. In EarthYear magazine, June 1998.
- Hazard Ranking: A planning tool to prioritize environmental liabilities and manage risks. In the proceedings of the International Association of Impact Assessment (IAIAsa) Conference in the Drakensberg,
- South Africa. October 1998. (Received the award for the best presentation at this conference.)
- Effect of CHC’s on Landfill Clays: No time for Complacency. In The Borehole Water Journal, Vol. 41, 1998, pp6.
- SRK Investigates Potential Nitroglycerine Contamination. In The Borehole Water Journal, Vol. 41, 1998, pp24.
- SRK investigates potential nitroglycerine contamination. In geoDrilling International, September 1997.
- Subsurface Contamination related to the metal Plating Industry. Poster paper presentation at the International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress in Nottingham, United Kingdom, September 1997.
- The Essentials for Integrated Hydrogeological Data Management. Co-authored a poster presentation at the International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress in Nottingham, United Kingdom, September 1997.
- Rational and Practical Approach required when selecting Standards for Hydrocarbon Site Assessment and Remediation. In Chemical Technology, March/April 1996.
- Effect of CHC’s on Landfill Clays: No time for complacency. Proceedings of the Wastecon Conference, Durban, South Africa, 1996.
- Ecotourism: The De Hoop Nature Reserve. In EarthYear Magazine, 1996.
- Thorough Site Assessments Essential to Avoid Potential Liability. In SA Construction, April 1995.
- Thorough Site Assessments essential to avoid potential liability. In EPM (Environmental Planning and Management) magazine, May 1995.